Mom was looking really good this week. When I arrived on Saturday, Granddad was up for The Celebration of Father's Day. Mom was downstairs visiting, and we all ate together.
(It was nice. I didn't get pictures.)
We watched Psych. May I just say that, like a hipster, I was a fan of Psych long before my family found it cool? I was. Long before. But I enjoy being around them when they're being fans because I still like it.
Tyler, Jaime, both dogs, and I went up to the ridge as the sun set.
(Tyler took this picture.)
Jaime and I stayed up to do some art together.
I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing, but I really like the mixed media styles I've seen and I like doing random things with mine. I don't think they have to make sense. The art kind of captioned itself. And I'm really happy with them.
The next day...
Jason showed us his "rocking out" skills. He was watching the baseball game with Dad but stopped to pose when he saw me with a camera.
Tyler unintentionally did a very good impression of a Weeping Angel while trying to hide from my camera:
I caught Mom while she was on the phone with Tristan. She said she didn't want her picture taken and wanted to know why I'd put her pictures on Facebook. I told her we'd overruled her, and that our need for connectedness and access trumped her, very temporary, dislike of social media.
Maybe I'm a bad daughter.

No comments:
Post a Comment