But figuratively, oh, how it never just rains. It pours.
This week Jaime and I went to Beth Moore's Living Proof Live conference in Stockton.
We had fun.
Mom insisted we get a hotel with a pool, and to get an extra night if we weren't going to have time to swim around event hours. So we got there early in order to swim.
The pool was really cold. We pretty much did the photo and changed back into dry clothes.
And I used our trip as an excuse to meet up with two of my favorite people in the world (and I was so happy to see them I forgot to get pictures). We met up in San Jose for lunch and a bit of shopping, then headed back north to take Jaime home.
Jaime kept us supplied with music. Here she is getting upset at Grooveshark for stopping EVERY SONG 3/4 of the way through. EVERY TIME.
Mom was looking great when we got there. She had a lot of energy, was no longer staying in bed all day, and was planning adventures. She left for church on Sunday morning, had her dearest friend over today, and will be going to the Marin French Cheese Factory tomorrow. All credit, apparently, goes to Cutting Out Morphine. (Although she's still taking Ativan in small doses.)
After all that driving I did over the weekend (about 450 miles round trip), my car decided it had had enough. Once I'd left Jaime in Willits and returned home, it refused to re-start.
But THIS part of the story has a happy ending! Next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment