| When life gives you death, make lemonade! |
Now that Mom is preparing to exit stage right, I've noticed a few of her qualities coming out in me, as well. Her somewhat blusterous, animated humor has shown up a few times. Some of the adventurousness and interests of her younger years (recounted in stories) show parallels to my current desires.
I wonder if I'm doing these things in an attempt to connect with them, or if I feel as if their legacies should be carried on. Or if there is some belief I'm holding that only one person at a time can lay claim to specific qualities, and now that it's being released I can try it out.
(I just recently realized that although my sister is an artist, I can be an artist, too. I don't have to call myself, "creative, but not an artist," just because she is one. There is not a limit on these things.)
No comments:
Post a Comment