Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Let's Rough It!

I called on Tuesday morning to get the latest scoop and Mom answered. They were going to take a day trip up to Richardson's Grove with some friends and go swimming in the river--Mom included.

(Well, not the swimming part. But the day trip part.)

She said they got a lounge chair for her and they'd bring her oxygen, and she thought it was going to be just fine.

I haven't gotten a very detailed account of the day (and there are more pictures to be had), but it sounds like it all went smoothly.



They got home around 8 o'clock last night and Mom was up at 3am emailing people. (I hope I wasn't the only one keeping her mind awake at that hour--please, someone else tell me you got an email too!) She was sleeping when I called this morning but a few hours later she answered the phone.

Her voice is pretty strong right now, so it's hard to tell where she is on the "dying" spectrum.
It seemed like this was a really big expenditure of energy (an hour and a half in the car each way) but it doesn't seem to have made an immediate effect in her exhaustion level.

So, we'll see. And hopefully get some more pictures from the trip soon. (They're on Mom's phone. They may be lost to the ages.)


Update: More pictures!


1 comment:

  1. I was one of the very fortunate ones who received a lovely, long email from your mom, Andrea! :-)

    ReplyDelete