Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Knitting Projects

 Yes, these are six pairs of fingerless mitts I made for my family. All started after Thanksgiving. All finished before Christmas.

 I got Ysolda's adorable "Whimsical Little Knits 2" book, and when I saw Smith I knew I had to knit him. Didn't know who I'd give him to, just knew I had to knit him. So I ended up making him for my friend's 5-month-old daughter, just a little late for Christmas. Everyone else now wants a knitted hedgehog, too.

I've since finished this sock but don't have a picture yet. It's Janel Laidman's Rivendell pattern that I've had for two years, at least, and tried to make in two other colorways. Until now it never turned out. But now it's simply beautiful. I'm about a quarter of the way through the second sock. Pics when they're finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment