So yeah. Not much updating going on here.
That's because my life is so totally fabulous I don't have time to stop and write blog posts!
Seriously. Kind of.
November involved two birthdays, a major holiday (celebrated twice), and a novel. (Said novel is totally and completely exciting to me even though there is nothing to show for it yet. I'm writing bits and pieces of something which looks like it's going to be Outlander-series-long.) Also lots of visits with friends, making a decision to join a gym, and dancing lessons with my brother (woot!).
December involved editing my first novel and self-publishing it for Christmas presents. Also the really stupid decision to knit presents. I'll post pics of my knitting projects through December. It was exceptionally crazy of me, and considering the baseline crazy I live with as a matter of course that's really saying something.
Oh, plus lots of working (an emergency string of overnights and the the additional load once Winter Break started) and a couple of days subbing at the school. (I will never sub again. I'll tell her that I'm dead before I'll sub again. It's way too much. Plus I should be installed as secretary soon, and they'll have a permanent--and qualified--sub.)
Also I got two days every week with a different sibling spending the night at my place, which was awesome. We randomly went to movies, drove to see Christmas lights, went Christmas shopping, cooked together, listened to music, watched Hulu, created our own in-jokes (Bot? Toyota?) and generally had a wonderful time.
I also tallied up my list of books read last year, and it comes to nearly 70. That's a bit more than my usual average. I'm already on track to meet or beat that. I've read 7 books in the first 2 1/2 weeks of this year.
Also this month we've had two Girls' Nights (last week's should go down in history--it involved multiple pairs of shoes and dancing to music videos until 3am), a birthday party (my brother turned 16! I got candles with colored flames, and we all went bowling), a visit from our cousin, and the Impressionist Exhibition in San Fransisco. Plus I finished a sock. The next of the pair is also well underway.
And who knew that this night owl would find 5:30am gym sessions not only bearable but actually enjoyable? Invigorating, actually.
Plus there's several cool friends I'm scheduled to hang with soon, and a couple of writers' meeting things coming up, and I'm leaving room for more fun to randomly pop up.
So yes, fabulous life = lack of posting. Sucks, but until we get 36-hour days it's the unfortunate truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment