Thursday, August 7, 2014

Back In July...

It's been a while since I updated. Nothing earthshattering has transpired, but here's some of what we've done starting with the weekend of July 12th:

I took a whole bunch of art supplies up and spent the weekend doing art with Jaime.



We made a lovely mess.



Mom didn't want her picture taken this week, but she agreed to photobomb mine.



Jaime found a new love:



I found a sudden talent for making jewelry:



And Granddad decided that the weekly trip up to visit Mom is too hard on him so I started meeting up with him during the week to keep him company. 



When it was time for me to pack up for Willits the next weekend, I found I was so tired it really wouldn't have been safe, so for the first time since the beginning of May when I got back from Nicaragua, I stayed home.

We all decided that perhaps I should start visiting Willits every other week instead of every week since Mom's health is not going downhill that fast.

It's difficult since I want to spend ALL THE TIME but at the same time have been struggling to keep up with all the details of life these last few months. Coming home Friday night after a week of work to throw some clothes and makeup in a bag sounds really easy...but it means grocery shopping and cooking have to happen another time instead of the usual Weekend Cook-Off where I make everything so I don't have to stress during the workweek.

And I've had to put off sweet friends who want to hang out, social functions, and catching up with people over the phone (because the place in Willits has some of the worse cell service EVAR).

So Mom suggested and I agreed that I'll be scaling my visits back a bit. Every other week or so should work for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment