I brought cherries for Mom. She likes cherries. Or at least, she did once. When I told her what I'd brought, she laughed. Apparently everyone had the same thought. There were several bags of cherries already in the fridge...and she's not as fond of sweets as she used to be. Apparently amyloidosis messes with your taste buds.
Dad was away at the Kate Wolf Festival that Saturday, so while I held down the fort I took the opportunity to make my favorite Veggie Lentil Loaves. I forgot my muffin tins and all they had were mini-muffin pans, so that's why they're so cute and bite-sized.
(Mmmm. These are seriously the best, y'all.)
Jaysi had been on a jaunt of her own but returned to Willits as well. We had a yoga session on the back porch. (It looks much more peaceful and interesting than it actually was.) The cats desperately wanted to be part of the group.
("Look at me! I'm pretty sure this is the Sideways Cat. It's a real pose, I swear. Look it up.")
And after that, Jaysi, Jaime, and I all hopped in the car to go see The Fault in Our Stars. Because, you know. Kids dying of cancer in the movie. Mom dying of not-cancer in real life. Preparing for funerals. The cloud of imminent demise shot through with humour and real emotions. It just seemed fitting.
(Also we got to ride in Jaysi's new car, which was sweet.)
Nothing new to report from Mom that weekend. She seemed about the same. She napped for quite a while during the day (from about 10 to 2, I think) but seemed to have the same level of energy, appetite, and enthusiasm as the week before. She says she can tell it's like a roller coaster where every high is just a little lower than the one before, and every low is just slightly lower. But it's not really obvious, I think, to the casual observer.
It's almost like I don't believe it's really going to happen anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment