Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Twilight Zone Conversations

[Conversation occurred while taking a sight-seeing drive.]

Young Charge #1: I like smoothies.

Me: Yeah? Your mom just got ingredients for smoothies. Has she been making them for you?

YC#1: I like smoothies with blueberries, peaches, and orange juice.

Me: That sounds good. Did you make that?

YC#1: No.

Me: Did your mom make that?

YC#1: No.

Me: Did Sarah make that?

YC#1: No.

Me: Who made it for you? Your teacher?

YC#1: I think so. [Which actually means "I don't think so." We've lost an important word along the way.]

Me: [giving up] Look at the beautiful vineyards!

YC#1: Oooh! Looks like Jack and the beanstalk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: Sorry, my car smells like mildew when I start the A/C up.

Bethany: I like mildew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[At the annual Emergency Training meeting for the children's program volunteers, after the Children's Pastor asks us to suggest more volunteers to staff the program]

Man #1: [reaching over to tap his neighbor on the shoulder] I was thinking you'd like to volunteer.

Man #2: Me? I'm only here for the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment